Pages

FMP Post 4 Fashion illustration

I'm not much used to fashion illustration but lately i have found it incredibly useful for creating visualizations of how i could see my work being created. Plus it's simply the quickest way of producing an elegant figure with your own strong directed ideas.




From these designs i felt it would be ideal to get to grips with the actual scale of the kind of garment i want to produce, which lead me to think about structure. Paper has always been a friend of mind and so now i'm going embrace it by helping me mimic sculptures on the body. Using a simple manikin even at first was quite tricky as paper doesn't exactly give you easy control over creating shape, but eventually i was able to assemble a composition that best fitted to shape for a fashion piece:


As a development, I then had some of the compositions I had previously designed printed onto large scale paper to then test if the proportions were as expected or if any alterations needed to be added. This structure was slightly different simply because I have been testing out various positions which the pattern would sit in...


No comments:

Post a Comment