Pages

Final Major Project Post 1

I've been so caught up in the final major project i simply haven't even thought about blogging about it! However, dissertation is now complete which has taken a massive weight off my shoulders as i simply am not the best person for writing about something i'm not hugely passionate about.
The reality is that the main priority in my life is my practice however a textiles degree does unfortunately come with its down sides, but in the end i found something fairly comfortable to write about... colour and 21st century fashion. The focus of my dissertation was to research the work of Josef Albers and to connect his work with fashion designers such as Roksanda Illincic, explaining how many fashion designers are beginning to be inspired by fine art of the late 90th and early 20th century. I found the designs quite boring and in terms of print design they were pretty dull in connection to my own designs, although for colour, these relationships are really inspiring...

An so after finally handing that in i could then move on and focus on my FMP (Final Major Project) which was to be a follow up of the previous research project...

So far my plan is to continue with sketchbook work which, this time round involves "destruction" rather than looking at "construction". I have kept in mind the theme of structure and manipulation combined with imagery, therefore have decided to use the photographs taken from the derelict school in Ronce for inspiration. There i found a lot of really interesting piles of rubble, broken glass, graffiti, and simply general destruction...




Soon these photographs should hopefully turn into some interesting collage and drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment